Packaging your application
Packaging your application with Appetizer is quick and easy. Just follow a few simple steps:
- Download and install Appetizer
- Launch Appetizer and login
- Setup the file system as you'd like it to appear when your application runs. For simple applications, we recommend placing all your files under Application Directory, however you are free to use whatever organization you like. Note that you should not upload system files or any dependencies that are already available on our servers.
- After you have added all the required files, find the file used to start the application. Right click it and choose the Set as Startup File option.
- If your application requires registry entries, use the Registry tab to set them.
- Confirm on the Settings tab that the correct Startup File is selected. You can also set any command line options that need to be passed through.
- Click the Package option from the File menu and save your XIOPackage file somewhere you can find it later.
- In the X.IO Control Panel, click the Add Application button on the Applications page and upload the XIOPackage file from Step 7.
- Once your application is uploaded, it will be automatically provisioned on the X.IO network. If there are any problems, you'll receive an email, otherwise your application should be ready within 30 minutes to an hour.