- Cinema 4D Plugin - Octane v2018 or v4 license for the Cinema 4D plugin. If you do not own a Cinema 4D plugin license, you can purchase it on our purchasing page or upgrade your existing license.
- OctaneRender Standalone Edition - Octane v2018 or v4 license for the Standalone Edition. If you do not own a Standalone Edition you can purchase it on our purchasing page or upgrade your existing license.
- Matching Version Numbers - License version numbers should be identical (e.g.V4.02.1 Standalone and V4.02.1 Cinema 4D plugin).
- Cinema 4D Host Application - Maxon Cinema 4D host application R13-R20 for Windows and R15-R18 for OS X. Please note Cinema 4D should be updated to the latest version as a minimum in order to run the Cinema 4D plugin. This means you should be on at least R16.050, R17.053, R18.057, R19.053, or R20.057.
- Hardware - NVIDIA graphics card that supports CUDA 9.1 with the latest drivers. You can find the download links for Windows and Linux here and the download links for Mac can be found here.
Installing Octane for Cinema 4D R19 or below: https://youtu.be/Dydb1JNfVFE
Installing Octane for Cinema 4D R20: https://youtu.be/nPjloJ3X7x4
Step 1) Download and install the OctaneRender Standalone Edition. If you already have a Standalone license activated on your computer, you can skip this step.
***Please make sure that the Cinema 4D host application is not running in the background while you are installing the plugin.***
Step 2) Download the software from the Latest Additions to OctaneRender and extract the content of the archive and then add the content to the plugins folder in Cinema 4D file system.
Beginning with version R20, Maxon Cinema 4D does not include a plugins folder. You will need to create this folder in the Cinema 4D R20 folder.
Setting the plugin into Cinema 4D
Step 3) The c4dOctane folder will come with several versions of the plugin in it. In order to avoid any loading issues, delete all of the c4dOctane-R(version number).cdl64files that you will not be using.
Step 4) Open the Cinema 4D application. If you did not activate your Standalone license, you will be prompted to enter your Otoy account credentials.
Once you have entered your credentials, you should see an Octane tab at the top of your application.
Now you should have successfully installed the OctaneRender for Cinema 4D plugin.
If you have followed the instructions above and do not see an Octane tab at the top of the Cinema 4D host application, try updating Cinema 4D to the latest version, by navigating to the Cinema 4D Menu “Help/Check for Updates”. You can also reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further assistance.
The OctaneRender for CINEMA 4D manual can be found here.