If you're experiencing crashes with OctaneRender, there are some simple actions you can take to resolve most crashes, including CUDA errors. You may see CUDA error 2, 700, 999. These are most often attributed to NVIDIA driver compatibility with your GPU, OS, and OctaneRender. The chart below will provide some general guidance on the best driver to use. Older hardware should not be updated to the newest drivers, as they may lack support. We do not recommend upgrading to newly released drivers.
Latest version of OctaneRender + Windows 10:
|GPU Model|| Kepler (6xx/7xx)
Volta (Quadro or Titan)
|NVIDIA Driver||419.67||Most recent Studio Driver|
- Contact email@example.com for help with your crashes. They will send you a utility that will capture information about the computer or take a look at your scene and provide recommendations.
- We recommend Windows 10 version 2004 or greater.
- If you are still using OctaneRender v4.05, we recommend NVIDIA driver 431.86.
- Try using the latest version of OctaneRender.
- Studio Ready drivers are optimized for rendering - please avoid using Game Ready drivers if possible.
- Mac/Windows 7 users should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.