- DCC Plugin License - current active license for the OctaneRender DCC Plugin. If you do not own a DCC Plugin License, you can get it from our Shop Page. There are three different types of Licenses:
- OctaneRender Prime: This license type is free to use. Software supporting this License type will be able to use a maximum of 1 GPU, provides access to a selection of products, and will not be compatible with Beta Releases. Blender is one of the applications supported by OctaneRender Prime.
- OctaneRender Studio: Studio License Users enjoy full access to OTOY’s acclaimed OctaneRender VFX software and ecosystem, through low monthly or annual subscription offerings on a maximum of 2 GPUs. Studio License Users will also have access to the latest Beta releases.
- OctaneRender Enterprise: Our premium License tier with no limitations on number of GPU. This license type supports Network Rendering, allowing for potentially unlimited rendering power.
- OctaneServer - You can download either a Prime, Studio or Enterprise version, depending on your License type. This application must be active on your PC in order to use Octane features in Blender.
- Blender Octane Edition - OTOY provides a specially modified version of Blender, that supports OctaneRender (please note, that OctaneRender can only be activated on Blender Octane Edition - OctaneServer does not interoperate with the standard Blender release). OctaneServer is paired with its compatible version of Blender Octane Edition - it is important to ensure that OctaneServer and Blender Octane Edition are matching.
- Hardware - NVIDIA graphics card that supports CUDA 10.1 with the latest drivers. You can find the download links for Windows here.
Step 1) Download and install the OctaneServer application that matches your License type. You can find this in the Downloads section (Prime License Users should instead go here). The OctaneServer download will be paired with a matching Blender Octane Edition download. You will need to download this as well
***Please make sure that all instances of OctaneServer, and Blender Octane Edition, are closed for the duration of the installation process.***
Step 2) After downloading both OctaneServer and the matching Blender Octane Edtion installers, install OctaneServer first, and then install Blender Octane Edition.
Step 3) With each installer, follow the prompts to install OctaneServer first, and then the matching version of Blender Octane Edition.
Step 4) Run OctaneServer first. If prompted, provide your Account credentials for your OTOY Account in the Sign In Page when it opens.
Step 5) Open Blender Octane Edition. OctaneServer will not work correctly with any other version of Blender Octane Edition, aside from the version directly matched to it. You will also not be able to activate OctaneServer if your version does not match your License type (i.e. OctaneServer Enterprise will not activate if you only have an OctaneRender Studio license).
Setting the OctaneRender Engine in Blender Octane Edition
Step 1) Once you have opened the Blender Octane Edition application, you will be presented with a standard Default Scene.
Step 2) In Blender, navigate to Edit > Preferences..., and in the Blender Preferences interface, find OctaneRender Engine under the Add-ons tab. If it is not ticked already, tick the checkbox for the OctaneRender option
Step 3) Finally, under Render Properties, make sure that the Render Engine dropdown is set to "Octane"
Now you have successfully installed OctaneRender for Blender.
Additional Online Resources